Everest Sunrise Trek, the trekking which is popularly known by the Everest View Trek and the Everest Panorama trekking as well. It is the Everest trekking designed for those having limited time in Nepal yet wish to see Mount Everest. It also favours those hikers who wish to see Mount Everest in the short time period without trekking to Everest Base Camp.
Everest Sunrise Trek starts from scenic flight to Lukla, and then follows the same trail as 13 Days Everest Base Camp Trek or Rapid Everest Base Camp trekking through Namche Bazar (Sherpa Capital) and gradually goes up to Tengboche- final point of the trekking which offers sublime views of snowy mountains including Mount Everest.
Tengboche is also the place where the Tengboche Monastery(biggest Buddhist Monastery of Khumbu region) lies. From Tengboche, one can enjoy the wonderful sunrise and sunset views in the Himalayas and also can collect the striking views of mountains including Mt. Everest along with Ama Dablam, Lobuche, Island, Thamserku, Lhotse, Nuptse, Kongde, Twache, Khumbilla and more.
Everest Sunrise Trek FAQs
Which is the best season for the Everest Sunrise Trek?
Generally, Spring season (March, April, May) and Autumn season (September, October, November) are considered as the best season for the Everest Panorama Trek. However, trekkers can enjoy the glimpse of Everest View Trekking all over the year except the rainy season(June and July).
Is Everest Sunrise Trekking suitable for children?
Of course, the trekking is possible with children as well. The Everest View Trek is regarded as the best family trekking in Nepal, as it has no age group restrictions for the trek. The maximum altitude for this trekking is 3870 m/ 12697 ft. As one can easily acclimatize with this elevation, there is no or very few chance of having altitude sickness or Acute Mountain Sickness(AMS). Hence, Everest Sunrise Trek is suitable for all kinds of age group.
How fit should I be to conquer Everest Sunrise Trek?
You don’t need to be a good athlete to conquer either the Everest Panorama Trek or the Everest Base Camp trekking. If you can walk 3 to 6 hours taking enough breaks in between, you are fit enough to master this Everest Trek but should not have either knee/ ankle problems or lungs/ heart diseases.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,334m.) (Dinner included)
Upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport, a Visit Heaven representative will be there for your warm welcome and help you to transfer to your hotel. In the evening, you will be taking welcome dinner Visit Heaven staff at one of the typical Nepali restaurants of Thamel.
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing (1,334m.) (Breakfast included)
Take your breakfast and get ready for a guided full day sightseeing of Kathmandu Valley. The sightseeing program is focused on introducing some highlights of UNESCO World Heritage sites of Kathmandu such as Kathmandu Durbar square, Swoyambhunath ,also known as “Monkey Temple”, Pashupatinath –temple of Lord Shiva and Bouddhanath; a Buddhist place.
Day 03: Kathmandu-Lukla-Phakding (2652 m) (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included)
Today is starting day of our Everest Panorama Trek. After breakfast, we take an early flight to Lukla, from where our trek begins. The scenic flight to Lukla is about 40 minutes. In Lukla, we meet our remaining crews and will have a short safety talk. After then we gear up for a short trekking to reach today’s destination Phakding following Dudh Koshi the Dudh Koshi River ‘River of Milk’. A gentle walk to Phakding is about 3 hours.
Day 04: Phakding-Namche Bazar(3440m) (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included)
Day to get the first glimpse of Mt. Everest. After breakfast, today we trek approx. 6 ½ hour to Namche Bazar. The route follows the Dudh Koshi River through many suspension bridges. A learning day to walk at high altitude apparently takes us to Namche Bazar- the trading centre of Khumbu Region and is also known as ‘Sherpa Capital’.
Day 05: Acclimatization day in Namche Bazar (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included)
This day is for acclimatising in Namche Bazar. We can visit Tourist Visit Center and can observe about Sherpa culture and number of plants and animals that can be found in Everest Region. We can spend this day in Namche Bazar with hiking to Thame or relaxing and exploring Namche Bazar.
Day 06:Namche Bazar to Tengboche( 3870m.) (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included)
Setting Tengboche the destination, we start our trek on trial with few ups and downs which include the magnificent views of Himalayan ranges including Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt Nuptse, close up of Thamserku and Mt. Amadablam. After six hours long walking, we finally reach Tengboche-a holy place and the place of biggest Buddhist Monastery of the Khumbu region. Tengboche is one of the best panoramic viewpoints of Everest Region. Our overnight will be in a lodge of Tengboche. Overnight in Tengboche.
Day 07: Tengboche to Namche Bazar (3,440m.) (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included)
Today we trek back to Namche Bazar from Tengboche. It takes us six hours to get back to Namche Bazar. Overnight in Namche Bazar.
Day 08: Namche Bazar to Lukla (2,840m.) (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included)
The final day of our trekking, today we take seven and half hours walk from Namche to Lukla. Overnight in Lukla.
Day 09:Lukla to Kathmandu (1,334m.) (Breakfast included)
Today, we fly back Kathmandu from Lukla. After arriving Kathmandu you can have rest in your hotel. If you are interested in buying gifts for your friends and family back home you can visit shops nearby hotel and buy some typical Nepali goods. The evening will be for farewell dinner with Visit Heaven Trek team. Overnight.
Day 10: Fly back home (Breakfast included)
Fantastic time in Nepal with Visit Heaven Trek team comes to an end today. A Visit Heaven Trek representative will accompany you to an airport to catch your returning flight. See you again in the Himalayan Kingdom.
- Airport pick up and drop off by a private vehicle
- 3 Nights hotel in Kathmandu at 3-star category hotel with breakfast in twin sharing basis
- Kathmandu Valley sightseeing (Private vehicle and a tour guide)
- Flight (Kathmandu-Lukla and Lukla-Kathmandu)
- Sagarmatha National Park fee and Pasang Lhamu Village entrance fees.
- An experienced English-speaking guide and his all expenses including his insurance
- Porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers) including their all expenses including their insurance
- Food in full board during the trekking with 3 compliment teas and teahouse accommodation
- Complimentary sleeping bags and down jackets
- Trekking route map
- First aid kit
- All the governmental taxes and service charges
- International airfare
- Travel insurance
- Nepal visa fees
- Personal expenses (Wifi, bar bills, laundries, hot shower during the trekking, gadget charging fees- US$ 1- US$
- 5 per gadget, mobile recharge etc)
- Extra nights accommodation in Kathmandu in case of early arrival from the trek due to unforeseen circumstances
- Extra luggage charges (Only 15 kgs- 10kgs+5kgs are included if more you need to pay US$ 2 per kilogram)
- Emergency evacuation (our company will help to arrange the evacuation if needed)
- Anything does not mention in the inclusion list
- 1 pair strong hiking boots/ sports shoes
- 1 medium rucksack/backpack
- 1 small day pack
- 1 sleeping bag (according to seasons)
- 1 inner sleeping sheet
- 1 down jacket/all weather Anorak
- 1 fleece/warm sweater
- 1 water and windproof jacket
- 2 pair lightweight trousers
- 1 pair shorts
- 2 long sleeves cotton or polypro
- 2 T-shirts /1 medium sized towel
- 1 water bottle-1 or 2 litre
- 1 torch/flashlight and spare batteries
- 2 pairs light socks
- 3 pairs heavy wool socks
- Underwear (including thermals)
- Cotton headscarf/bandana
- Warm hat/gloves (waterproof)
- Sunglasses and Sunhat
- Money Belt
- Water purification tablets/solution
- Sun block Cream(30-50)
- Personal toiletries
- Moleskin for blister
- Toilet paper
- Bio degradable soap/shampoo
- Any personal medication
- 3/4 plastic bags (for wrapping clothes)
Note: Due to the different seasons in Nepal, trekkers are requested to inquire before preparing equipment.