Ghale Gaun Homestay Trek is 3 days village tour in Nepal. Gurung cultural village- Ghale Gaun Home Stay Trek is a perfect trip to explore the local life of Nepal. Situated in the lap of the Himalayas, Ghale Gaun is also one of the best places to see snowcapped mountains.
Ghale Gaun is considered as the best homestay destination in South Asia. The local taste, the warm greetings of the locals and the cultural shows ticks Ghale Gaun. The awe-inspiring views of Machhapuchhare (6693m) Annapurna (8091m), Annapurna II (7939m) Annapurna IV (7525m), Lamjung Himal, Bouddha Himal ((6974m), Himalchuli (6747m) adds the excitement of the trip.
The experience of a full day hike from Besisahar to Ghale Gaun is something one wants to add on the exciting trip.
- Taste the local food and stay in a local house
- Enjoy the super views of mountains
- Enjoy an exciting hiking and collect the amazing landscapes and picturesque views of the villages.
- Taste local, stay local and be a local
Day 01: Drive to Besisahar (6-7 hours drive). Overnight at the hotel.
6:30 am: You will be picked up from your hotel in Kathmandu for the tour.
7:00 am: The journey to the wonderful destination kicks off. With comfortable private vehicle you will drive to Besisahar. Along the way, you can see the local lives, the small settlements to big bazars.
11:00 am: Lunch time at Mugling: – You will stop at Mugling for the lunch where you can try the local foods. The fish from the Trishuli river is famous dish. Do try it, it is crispy but might be little spicy.
3:00 pm: Arrive in Besisahar and transfer to the hotel. In Besisahar, you will be staying at a local lodge. Besisahar is a local trade center.
Day 02: Hike to Ghale Gaun (4-5 hours hike) and stay in a local homestay.
7:00 am: Breakfast.
8:00 am: After the breakfast, you will then start the hiking towards Ghale Gaun. The route up to Ghale Gaun is mostly gentle uphill. Hike slowly, leaving the Besisahar behind, you will be offered with wonderful landscapes and some mountain views along the way.
1:00: Lunch: The lunch place will be along the way in a local restaurant with the local foods.
2:00 pm: Arrive in Ghale Gaun. At Ghale Gaun, you will be welcomed by the homestay community on their unique way. You will then send to a local homestay where you will stay the night.
3:00 pm- 5:00 pm: Explore the local village and observe the local lives.
5:30 pm- 6:30 pm: Sunset in the Himalayas. Hike up to the view tower and enjoy the superb sunset view. The entire village looks just stunning from the tower. After the sunset, get back to homestay.
7:00 pm- 8:00 pm: Campfire and entertainment: – In the house you are staying, you can set a campfire and do some entertainment. Our guide will have the local music and instruments for the entertainment.
8:15 pm: Dinner: – The dinner will be pure local foods. The authentic foods with the local taste are just amazing.
9:00 pm- 11:00 pm: Cultural program: After the dinner, you will then walk to the community hall, where you can see the local performances which includes Ghatu Dance, Krishna Charitra, local dance and more. Enjoy the wonderful performances. If you prefer to join the program and dance then you can enjoy it too.
11:15 pm: Walk back to the homestay for the night.
Day 03: Drive back to Kathmandu (7-8 hours drive).
7:30 am: – Breakfast- Again taste the true local breakfast. Then get ready for the ride back to Kathmandu.
8:30 am: Farewell: With the true local process you will then get ready for the drive.
1:00 pm: Lunch: – You will have the lunch on the way by to Kathmandu in a local restaurant.
4:00 pm: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
- Private transportation (Kathmandu-Besisahar and Ghale Gaun-Kathmandu)
- All the permits and entrance fees
- 2 Breakfasts, 3 lunch, and 2 dinners
- An experienced English-speaking guide and his all expenses
- Local homestay accommodation (2 Nights)
- All the government taxes and service charges
- Nepali sim cards (On request)
- Walking poles (On request)
- Travel insurance
- Laundries and beverages
- Personal expenses of any kind (Phone calls, Extra foods, BBQ etc)
- Anything does not mention in the inclusion list
What is the maximum group that can go in a single trip?
- Maximum group size for the people in a single trip is 15 people.
What long before can I book the trip?
- You can book the trip in 1 year before earliest to 5 days before the trip departs.
What if I have kids?
- The kid up from 2 years can join the trip. As the tour, includes one day hiking, please request an extra porter in the process of the booking.
What is altitude of Ghale Gaun?
- Ghale Gaun is situated at 2, 016 meters above the sea level.