Amadablam Base Camp Trekking is one of the best trekking in Nepal. The trek to the foothill of the most beautiful mountain in the world. Ama Dablam Base Camp Trekking offers the magical views of mountains of Everest and also give the chance to taste the local food and to see the local culture and the living styles of Everest Region.
The Ama Dablam Base Camp Trek starts with a flight to Lukla with a spectacular flight up the Himalayas. The gradually rises up to Namche Bazar to Tengboche Monastery and finally to Ama Dablam Base Camp. The trek offers magnificent views of snow-capped mountains of Everest Trekking Region which includes Mount Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Amadablam itself and other mountains.
The best seasons for Ama Dablam Base Camp Trekking are Spring (March, April, May): The season in which rhododendron blooms with its decent color and beauty and due to which colorful hills are spotted throughout the journey wherever possible. One also gets an opportunity to collect the clear and picturesque view of the majestic Mount Everest, Mount Amadablam and their neighbors.
Then Autumn (September, October, November): The perfect season to trek in which dry air is dispersed all over the nation and due to which the sky seems to be crystal clear. The trekking trails are also neither too wet nor too slippery. One can enjoy the breathtaking transparent views of the snow-capped Mount Everest, Ama Dablam, Makalu, Lhotse, Nuptse and so on.
Ama Dablam Base Camp Trekking Itinerary Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu and transfer to the Hotel (1334m.)
- Upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu a Visit Heaven representative will be there for your warm welcome who will help you to transfer to your hotel. Evening time will be for welcome dinner with Visit Heaven Team in one of the popular Nepali restaurants at Thamel. O/N.
Day 02: Kathmandu sightseeing
- Take your breakfast and get ready for a guided full day sightseeing of Kathmandu Valley. The sightseeing program is focused on introducing some highlights of UNESCO World Heritage sites of Kathmandu such as Kathmandu Durbar square, Swoyambhunath ,also known as “Monkey Temple”, Pashupatinath –temple of Lord Shiva and Bouddhanath; a Buddhist place. After sightseeing evening will be for trek briefing and preparation of things per need.
Day 03: Kathmandu-Lukla-Phakding (2652 m/8700 ft.)
- After breakfast, we take an early flight to Lukla, from where our trek begins. The scenic flight to Lukla is about 40 minutes. In Lukla, we meet our remaining crews and will have a short safety talk. After then we gear up for a short trekking to reach today’s destination Phakding following Dudh Koshi the Dudh Koshi River ‘River of Milk’. A gentle walk to Phakding is about 3 hours. O/N
Day 04: Phakding-Namche Bazar(3440m/11280ft.)
- Day to get the first glimpse of Mt. Everest. After breakfast, today we trek approx. 6 ½ hour to Namche Bazar. The route follows the Dudh Koshi River through many suspension bridges. A learning day to walk at high altitude apparently takes us to Namche Bazar- the trading centre of Khumbu Region. Namche will be the last point to check equipment and hire additional gears for high altitude. O/N.
Day 05: Acclimatization day in Namche Bazar
- This day is for acclimatising in Namche Bazar. We can visit Tourist Visit Center and can observe about Sherpa culture and number of plants and animals that can be found in Everest Region. We can spend this day in Namche Bazar with hiking to Thame or relaxing and exploring Namche Bazar. O/N.
Day 06: Namche Bazar to Tengboche( 3870m./12,694ft.)
- Setting Tengboche the destination, we start our trek on trial with few ups and downs which include the magnificent views of Himalayan ranges including Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt Nuptse, close up of Thamserku and Mt. Amadablam. After 6 hours long walking, we finally reach Tengboche-a holy place and the place of biggest Buddhist Monastery of the Khumbu region. Tengboche is one of the best panoramic view points of Everest Region. Our overnight will be in a lodge of Tengboche.
Day 07: Trek Tengboche – Pangboche (4,010m/3-4 hrs trek.)
- This day we will be trekking for three to four hours where we can enjoy stunning views of Amadablam along the way. In Pangboche, we will get the chance to explore the oldest Buddhist monastery in Everest region. Overnight at hotel.
Day 08: Trek Pangboche – Ama Dablam Base Camp (4,650m) – Pangboche. (4,010m./ 7-8 hours trek.)
- After early morning breakfast we start our trekking from Pangboche to Amadablam Base Camp which takes three/four hours trekking. In base camp, we will enjoy the 360 panoramic views of mighty Himalayas. After spending some wonderful moments in Base Camp, we will then trek back to Pangboche for overnight. Overnight at Pangboche.
Day 09: Trek Pangboche – Khumjung Village (3,790m/7-8 hours trek.)
- From Pangboche, the trail descends down through dense forest where we can see some musk deer. It takes us seven to eight hours to reach wonderful Khumjung Village where we will stay overnight.
Day 10: : Trek Khumjung village – Phakding (2, 652m./5-6 hours trek.)
- From Khumjung, we will first descent down to Namche Bazar and continues to descent to national park check point Monju. From Monju, we further trek through dense forest and then follow the west bank of Dudh Koshi river to Phakding. Overnight at Phakding.
Day 11: Phakding to Lukla Phakding to Lukla
- Final walking day of our trekking, today we trek down to Lukla. It only takes 3-4 hours to reach Lukla. We will have the farewell dinner with our Sherpas and Guides in Lukla. O/N.
Day 12: Fly back from Lukla to Kathmandu
- Today, we fly back Kathmandu from Lukla. After arriving Kathmandu you can have rest in your hotel. If you are interested in buying gifts for your friends and family back home you can visit shops nearby hotel and buy some typical Nepali goods. The evening will be for farewell dinner with Visit Heaven Trek team. O/N
Day 13: Fly back home
- Having a fantastic time in Nepal with Visit Heaven Trek team comes to an end today. A Visit Heaven Trek representative will accompany you to the airport to catch your returning flight. See
you again in the Himalayan Kingdom.
- Airport pick up and drop off by a private vehicle
- 3 Nights hotel in Kathmandu at 3-star category hotel with breakfast in twin sharing basis
- Kathmandu Valley sightseeing (Private vehicle and a tour guide)
- Flight (Kathmandu-Lukla and Lukla-Kathmandu)
- Sagarmatha National Park fee and Pasang Lhamu Village entrance fees.
- An experienced English-speaking guide and his all expenses including his insurance
- Porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers) including their all expenses including their insurance
- Food in full board during the trekking with 3 compliment teas and teahouse accommodation
- Complimentary sleeping bags and down jackets
- Trekking route map
- First aid kit
- All the governmental taxes and service charges
- International airfare
- Travel insurance
- Nepal visa fees
- Personal expenses (Wifi, bar bills, laundries, hot shower during the trekking, gadget charging fees- US$ 1- US$
- 5 per gadget, mobile recharge etc)
- Extra nights accommodation in Kathmandu in case of early arrival from the trek due to unforeseen circumstances
- Extra luggage charges (Only 15 kgs- 10kgs+5kgs are included if more you need to pay US$ 2 per kilogram)
- Emergency evacuation (our company will help to arrange the evacuation if needed)
- Anything does not mention in the inclusion list