Bhutan Tour from Kathmandu is 7 days Bhutan Tour. The Bhutan Tour starts from Kathmandu and ends in Kathmandu again.
Bhutan, the land of culture, the home for fortress, temples and several ancient places. Our 3 Nights 4 Days Bhutan Tour from is dedicated to exploring some of the best places in Bhutan. Starts with a short flight from Kathmandu. Very first explore National Memorial Chorten, started to build by Bhutan’s third king Jigme Dorji Wangchuk then completed by the royal family and the cabinet later after his uncertain demise.
Taschichho Dzong, a Buddhist Monastery cum fortress built in Western Bank of Wang Chu river is next attraction. Druk Choeding is a temple then visiting the Rimpung Dzong, Fortress on the heap of jewels is fascinating.
Another highlight of our 3 Nights 4 Days Bhutan tour is the inclusion of the Tiger Nest- one of the most important monuments of spiritual significance in Bhutan which is possibly the most admired place by the travellers. Next highlight of the 3 Nights 4 Days Bhutan Tour is Kyichu Lhakhang, a temple that was built by a Tibetan king back in 7th century.
Bhutan Tour From Kathmandu Itinerary
Day 01: Fly from kathmandu to Paro Bhutan – Drive to Thimphu(2300m/1 hr.)
- This day you fly from Kathmandu to Paro. After reaching Paro you will take 1 hour drive to Thimpu. Upon reaching Thimpu you can just relax in your hotel or can walk around the streets. Overnight
Day 02: Thimphu Sightseeing
- As every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday there held weekend market you can visit the market in the morning.
Morning visit the weekend market (Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday), Hand made paper Mill, School of Arts and crafts where students learn 13 different arts used predominantly in Bhutan, Lunch in town. Drive pass by Memorial Chorten (temple) built in memory of the late 3rd King. Visit Changangkha Lhakhang, the oldest temple in the valley, Enclosure where national animal, Takin are kept and Zilukha Nunnery
Day 03: Thimphu – Punakha tour(2 ½ hrs.)
- Drive through Dochula pass, the second highest road pass in your trip at 3010m. When the weather permits one can enjoy a spectacular view of the highest mountains of Bhutan at a sight that stretches almost 180 degrees. After a short tea break continue to sub tropical Punakha. Afternoon visit the Souvenir Making Center and the Punakha Dzong (fortress) which houses the most elaborated temple in the country.
Day 04: Punakha – Phobjikha tours (2 ½ hrs.)
- Check out of the hotel & visit Chimi Lhakhang on foot, the temple of fertility associated with religious art of phallus. En route visit Wangdi town and continue to Phobjikha over the highest road pass on your trip at 3140m.Visit Gangtey Gompa, the largest and the only monastery of the Nyingmapa sect in western Bhutan.Evening relax in your hotel or take a stroll.
Day 05: Phobjikha – Paro tours (6 hrs.)
- Start early retracing the drive to Paro. In Paro visit the National Museum, the first of its kind which has a collection from natural history to religious paintings. Visit 17 century Paro Dzong (Fortress) on foot and continue walking through the oldest wooden bridge still in use. Evening stroll old Paro town and peep into some local handicrafts stores. One can also venture to try local restaurant for dinner.
Day 06: Paro Sightseeing tour
- Visit Kichu Lhakhang, one from the 2 oldest temple in the country, historic Drukgyal Dzong (Fortress) and hike to Tiger’s Nest (Taktsang Monastery), the most revered temple in the country that literally hangs on a granite cliff overlooking the Paro Valley
Day 07: Flight Paro to Kathmandu
- Transfer to airport for flight to kathmandu, guide will welcome and transfer to hotel