Kathmandu and Pokhara Tour is dedicated to explore two of the most fascinating cities of Nepal. The 5 nights 6 days Nepal tour starts with exploring Kathmandu city- the city of the temples. It then goes to Pokhara- the city of the lakes and mountains and ends again in Kathmandu.
Along the tours during your Kathmandu and Pokhara Tour, you can also get involved in the different adventure activities such as Paragliding, Bungee Jumping, Everest Mount Flight and more. If you want to extend your Kathmandu and Pokhara Tour then Chitwan Jungle Safari could be added. Also, Lumbini- The Birthplace of Lord Buddha could be the extension on your Kathmandu and Pokhara Tour.
Travelers having lesser days in Nepal can shorten the visit of Kathmandu and Pokhara Tour with the flight option of Kathmandu-Pokhara and Pokhara-Kathmandu as well. The best time to visit Kathmandu and Pokhara are the months of spring (March-May) and autumn (September-November). Although Kathmandu and Pokhara Tour can be done round the year.
Kathmandu and Pokhara Tour Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
Upon your arrival at Kathmandu International Airport, one of our representatives will welcome you and will assist you to get to your hotel in Thamel.
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing.
The day is dedicated to explore four of the UNESCO World Heritage listed sites of Kathmandu valley. Those four sites are:
- Soyambhunath- which also widely popular as the “Monkey Temple”.
- Pashupatinath- The Hindu pilgrimage and also the crematorium.
- Boudhanath- One of the biggest Buddhist Monasteries in the world.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square- Historical palace place and the place of “KUMARI”- the living goddess.
Day 03: Drive to Pokhara (6- 7 hours’ drive).
With an early morning bus, you will drive to Pokhara. The journey to Pokhara will be of six to seven hours. The drive to Pokhara is itself a good one as you will travel through the green hills, rivers and the local villages.
In the evening, collect a wonderful sunset view from Phewa Lake.
Day 04: Pokhara Sightseeing
Explore most of the famous sites in Pokhara. The exploration includes visiting of:
- Devis’ Falls- Waterfall which is also the outlet of Phewa Lake.
- Gupteshwor Cave- One of the most famous caves in Pokhara.
- Boating on Phewa Lake and visiting Tal Barahi Temple.
- Mountain Museum and Bindabasini Temple
- World Peace Pagoda- One of the best places to see mountains and Pokhara valley view.
You can also get involved in the extra adventures in Pokhara. Which are: –
- Bungee Jumping
- Zip Flyer
- Ultralight etc.
Day 05: Drive back to Kathmandu (6- 7 hours’ drive) and last-minute shopping.
After the breakfast, you will be transferred to the tourist bus station in Pokhara to catch you returning bus. You will then drive same way back to Kathmandu. Upon your arrival in Thamel, you will be first transferred to the hotel. Later you can do some last-minute shopping.
Day 06: Departure day
You will be transferred to the Kathmandu Airport to catch your returning flight.
- Airport pick up and drop off by a private vehicle
- 3 nights accommodation in Kathmandu at 3-star category hotel with breakfast in twin sharing basis.
- Private vehicle and an English-speaking guide during Kathmandu sightseeing
- Tourist bus transportation (Kathmandu-Pokhara and Pokhara-Kathmandu)
- 2 nights accommodation in Pokhara at 3-star category hotel with breakfast in twin sharing basis.
- Private vehicle and an English-speaking guide during Pokhara sightseeing
- All the government taxes and service charges
- International airfare
- Nepal visa fee
- Travel insurance
- Food and drinks during the trip
- Entrance fees during the trip
- Anything does not include in the inclusion list.