Langtang Valley, Gosaikunda Lake and Helambu Village Trek is a 16 days trekking in Nepal. Starts with trekking to Langtang Valley, then the trip to Gosaikunda Lake and ends with exploring the beautiful village of Helambu before returning back to Kathmandu. During the Langtang Valley hike, offer with the superb views of mountains including Langtang Lirung, Gaurishankar, Dorje Lakpa, Ganesh Himal, Yala Peak and more. The same Langtang Valley gives you the chance to explore the unique culture and traditions of the mountain people.
Then comes the- Gosaikunda Lake- the second section of Langtang Valley, Gosaikunda Lake and Helambu Village Trek. Hike up to the spiritual lake of Gosaikunda at 4380m. Get the blessings of Lord Shiva, take the dip in the lake. (It is believed that all the sins will wash away if you take a dip in the Holy Lake of Gosaikunda). Then off to the final destination to Helambu Village. A wonderful village at the lap of the green hills. Along the way, the green hills, the magnificent waterfalls and the occasional mountain views will accompany you all the way.
Apart from the mountains, the local cultures and the traditions, the occasional encounters of the wild life is also the part of this trek. Langtang National Park is also the home for endangered Red Panda, Musk deer, Rhesus Monkey, Common Langur, Black Bear, Himalayan Thar and more.
Trekking in Nepal is a seasonal adventure, and it applies the same of Langtang Valley, Gosaikunda Lake and Helambu Village Trek as well. The best months to trek to Langtang are: Spring (March, April, May): The season in which rhododendron sweeps the ascending altitudes with its magnanimous color and beauty and due to which colorful hills are spotted throughout the journey wherever possible. One also gets the chance to collect the panoramic view of the Langtang Himalayas. Autumn (September, October, November): The perfect season to trek in which the dry air sweeps the nation and due to which the sky seems to be crystal clear. The trekking trails are also neither too wet nor too slippery. One can enjoy the panoramic views of the snowcapped Himalayas of the Langtang region.
Langtang Valley, Gosaikunda Lake and Helambu Village Trek Itinerary
Day 01: Kathmandu. (1334m.)
- Upon your arrival in Tribhuvan International Airport, Visit Heaven Trek representative will be there for your warm welcome and help you to get your hotel. Evening will be for short pre-trek briefing and for welcome dinner with Visit Heaven Trek at one of the typical Nepali restaurants in Thamel.
Day 02: Syabrubesi.(1420m.)
- Today we start our trekking, after breakfast we drive north-west out of the Kathmandu Valley, with following the Trisuli River crossing beautiful Tamang villages of Betrawati and Dhunche. At Dhunche, we sight the first view of Langtang Himal. After 9 hours approx. drive you finally reach Syabrubesi.
Day 03: Lama Hotel.(2470m.)
- Starting day of our trekking, from Syabrubesi the trail first descends then turns northwards, passing through woods, sometimes filled with monkeys. A ascending trail brings us to a junction with the trail from Thulo Syabru. The region is deciduous, rich in birdlife and home to the extremely elusive red panda. (aprox.6hrs)
Day 04: Langtang Village. (3430m.)
- The trail steeply ascent following the Langtang Khola, and climbs to Ghora Tabela (2,970m) where we can sight Langtang Lirung. After the village of Thangshep the valley opens out and at times some pleasant level sections give respite some. After 6 hours walk finally we get to a beautiful Tibetan-like village Langtang. Overnight will be at a teahouse there.
Day 05: Kyanjin Gompa. (3730m.)
- From Langtang village our route cross yak pastures with following a wonderful stream. We can see Gengchempo(6,387m) a famous landmark off the east. As we continue to follow the trail pass some Tamang settlement of Mundu(3410m) and Sindum(3410m). After all 3 hours foot work finally takes us to Kyanjin Gompa; a place which offers magnificent views of Langtang range and Langshisa.
Day 06:Kyanjin Gompa.(3730m.)
- This day is for acclimatization. As Kyanjin Ri(4,800m.) and Tserko Ri (5,000m) are spectacular viewpoints. After our breakfast we can climb to Tserko Ri and can have stunning views of Langtang range, Kinshung, Yansa Tsenji and also the lirung Glacier. After lunch we can explore around Kyanjing valley and can have a bite of Yak cheese in Yak cheese factory. Stay overnight at Kyanjin Gompa.
Day 07: Lama Hotel.(2470m.)
- Today we retrace our steps back down the valley over the same route to Lama Hotel.(approx.6hrs)First trail decent to river, cross the river and ascend to Thulo Syabru. You will see the fascinating view of Langtang Himal and more. On the way of your trek you will pass through pine and Junieerps forests. Overnight in Thulo Syabru(2,230m/ 7,316ft).
Day 08: Thulo Syabru.(2130m.)
- A gentle trekking day, our route first get to Bamboo Lodge, after then we head off the uphill trail to reach a marvelous Sherpa settlement of Thulo Syabru. Overnight at a guest house.
Day 09: Laurebina.(3900m)
- Very first we climb to Dursagang (2,550m), then take the way to Chandan Bari(3,250m) walking through rhododendron forest.The next village of note is Sing Gompa. The trail cuts across the ridge tops and reach reach Chalang Pati (3,380m). From there a short walk takes us to Laurebina; which offers picturesque views of the Annapurnas, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal and Langtang Lirung.
Day 10: GosainKunda.(4380m.)
- Day to arrive in Gossaikunda; one of the high points of our trek. The ridge top trail (4,100m) brings us to where we can see the first of the lakes, Saraswati Kunda. We then pass rocky spur and a short distance forward we can see another Lake named Bhairabh Kunda. Following the same trail we finally reach our today’s destination Gosaikunda; the largest lake in that area and a lake devoted to Lord Shiva. We will have enough time to explore around beautiful lake. Overnight will be at a guest house.
Day 11: Ghopte.(3430m.)
- A challenging walking day. From Gosaikunda our trail takes north direction and gently climbs up till Laurebina La pass (4,610m.). The descent from the pass is a difficult one as it leads us to Phedi (3,500m.). From Phedi we continue our walk to Ghopte. After 6 hours walk we will finally step today’s destination Ghopte. Overnight at teahouse.
Day 12: Thadepati.(3510m.)
- Easy short trekking day. From Ghopte we resume our trek, and we walk through alpine landscape. A gentle 3 hours walk from Ghopte we will reach Thadepati where we will stay overnight.
Day 13: Kutumsang.(2470m.)
- After early breakfast, we set off towards a wonderful Tamang Village Kutumsang. A gentle walk via Mangengoth (3,150 m.) gradually pushes us to Kutumsang. It takes 5 hours to reach this beautiful Tamang settlement from Thadepati. Overnight at teahouse.
Day 14: Chisopani.(2215m.)
- From Kutumsang we trek to GulBhanjyang (2,142m.). After then we trek uphill through oak forest to reach Namche Danda (2,453m.). A long descent down stone steps from Namche Danda we arrive Chipling(2,165) and after we take gentle walk finally get to Chisopani. Overnight at teahouse.
Day 15: Kathmandu. (1334m.)
- Final day of our trek. Today we trek down to Sundarijal via Burlang Bhanjyang and Mulkharka. With 6 hours walk we arrive at Sundarijal. From there we join our transport back to Kathmandu. Evening will be for a farewell dinner with Visit Heaven Trek team.
Day 16: Departure Day
- Day to fly back home. A Visit Heaven Trek representative will accompany you to Tribhuvan International Airport. We hope to see you soon.
- Airport pick up and drop off by a private vehicle
- 3 nights hotel in Kathmandu at 3-star category hotel with breakfast in twin sharing basis
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing (Private vehicle and guide)
- Transportation (Kathmandu- Syabrubesi and Sundarijal-Kathmandu) by local bus
- Langtang National Park Entrance fees and TIMS Cards
- Food (Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners (Full board during the trekking)
- Teahouse accommodation during the trekking
- An experienced English-speaking guide and his all expenses including insurance
- Porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers) and their all expenses including insurance
- Trekking route map
- Sleeping bags and down jackets
- First aid box
- All the government taxes and service charges
- International airfare
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance
- Entrance fees during Kathmandu valley sightseeing
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses (WIFI, bar bills, hot shower, hot water, electricity for charging gadgets etc.)