Langtang Valley with Gosaikunda Lake Trek is a trip to the high mountain lake of Gosaikunda and into the wonderful valley of Langtang. The trip first climbs up to Langtang valley and all the way to Kyanjin Ri for the mesmerizing views of the mountains of Langtang mountain range. It then go and explore the holy lake of Gosaikunda.
The maximum elevation you will get during the trek is at Tserko Ri (5000m.) and can collect the fascinating views of mountains including angtang Lirung (7,200m.), Ganesh Himal (7,600m), Langtang II (7,227m) and more. The local lifestyle, the friendly people and some of the endangered wildlife including Red Panda and Snow Leopard are other attractions of Langtang Valley with Gosaikunda Lake Trek.
Trekking in Nepal is a seasonal adventure activity and so applies on Langtang Valley with Gosaikunda Lake Trek as well. The time to trip to Langtang and Gosaikunda Lake are Spring (March to May) and Autumn (September to November). Trekking Langtang in winter is also possible. During the winter time, the Gosaikunda Lake gets frozen though.
Trekking Langtang Valley with Gosaikunda Lake in monsoon would be not be ideal choice. But still tripping to Gosaikunda Lake would be a good option as the “JANAI PURNIMA” festival is celebrated in that holy lake. Thousands of Shiva devotees gather in the lake to take the holy bath on that occasion.
Langtang Valley with Gosaikunda Lake Trek Itinerary
Day 01: Kathmandu. (1334m.)
- Upon your arrival in Tribhuvan International Airport, Visit Heaven Trek representative will be there for your warm welcome and help you to get your hotel. The evening will be for short pre-trek briefing and for welcome dinner with Visit Heaven Trek at one of the typical Nepali restaurants in Thamel.
Day 02: Syabrubesi.(1420m.)
- Today we start our trekking, after breakfast we drive north-west out of the Kathmandu Valley, with following the Trisuli River crossing beautiful Tamang villages of Betrawati and Dhunche. At Dhunche, we sight the first view of Langtang Himal. After 9 hours approx. drive you finally reach Syabrubesi.
Day 03: Lama Hotel. (2470m.)
- Starting day of our trekking, from Syabrubesi the trail first descends then turns northwards, passing through woods, sometimes filled with monkeys. An ascending trail brings us to a junction with the trail from Thulo Syabru. The region is deciduous, rich in birdlife and home to the extremely elusive red panda. (approx.6hrs)
Day 04: Langtang Village. (3430m.)
- The trail steeply ascent following the Langtang Khola, and climbs to Ghora Tabela (2,970m) where we can sight Langtang Lirung. After the village of Thangshep the valley opens out and at times, some pleasant level sections give respite some. After 6 hours walk finally, we get to a beautiful Tibetan-like village Langtang. Overnight will be at a teahouse there.
Day 05: Kyanjin Gompa. (3730m.)
- From Langtang village, our route across yak pastures with following a wonderful stream. We can see Gengchempo(6,387m) a famous landmark off the east. As we continue to follow the trail pass some Tamang settlement of Mundu(3410m) and Sindum(3410m). After all 3 hours footwork finally takes us to Kyanjin Gompa; a place which offers magnificent views of Langtang range and Langshisa.
Day 06: Kyanjin Gompa.(3730m.)
- This day is for acclimatisation. As Kyanjin Ri(4,800m.) and Tserko Ri (5,000m) are spectacular viewpoints. After our breakfast, we can climb to Tserko Ri and can have stunning views of Langtang range, Kinshung, Yansa Tsenji and also the lirung Glacier. After lunch, we can explore around Kyanjing valley and can have a bite of Yak cheese in Yak cheese factory. Stay overnight at Kyanjin Gompa.
Day 07: Lama Hotel.(2470m.)
- Today we retrace our steps back down the valley over the same route to Lama Hotel.(approx.6hrs)First trail descent to river, cross the river and ascend to Thulo Syabru. You will see the fascinating view of Langtang Himal and more. On the way of your trek, you will pass through pine and Junieerps forests. Overnight in Thulo Syabru(2,230m/ 7,316ft).
Day 08: Thulo Syabru.(2130m.)
- A gentle trekking day, our route first get to Bamboo Lodge, after then we head off the uphill trail to reach a marvellous Sherpa settlement of Thulo Syabru. Overnight at a guesthouse.
Day 09: Laurebina.(3900m)
- Very first we climb to Dursagang (2,550m), then take the way to Chandan Bari(3,250m) walking through rhododendron forest.The next village of note is Sing Gompa. The trail cuts across the ridge tops and reaches reach Chalang Pati (3,380m). From there a short walk takes us to Laurebina; which offers picturesque views of the Annapurnas, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal and Langtang Lirung.
Day 10: GoshainKunda.(4380m)
- Day to arrive in Gossaikunda; one of the high points of our trek. The ridge top trail (4,100m) brings us to where we can see the first of the lakes, Saraswati Kunda. We then pass rocky spur and a short distance forward we can see another Lake named Bhairabh Kunda. Following the same trail, we finally reach our today’s destination Gosaikunda; the largest lake in that area and a lake devoted to Lord Shiva. We will have enough time to explore around a beautiful lake. Overnight will be at a guest house.
Day 11: Singgompa.(3330m.)
- Take your breakfast and tie your boot to walk down Sing gompa. The trail descends down and takes us to Sing gompa (3,330). The trail some views of mountain Manaslu, Ganesh and Tibetan range which makes our walk worthwhile.
Day 12: Kathmandu. (1334m.)
- Final day of our trek. Today after breakfast we walk all the way down to Dhunche. This trail goes through the jungle and passes some Tamang villages.After reaching Dhunche we will have our lunch and take our bus to Kathmandu.
Day 13: Departure Day
- Day to fly back home. A Visit Heaven Trek representative will accompany you to Tribhuvan International Airport. We hope to see you soon.
- Airport pick up and drop off by a private vehicle
- 3 nights hotel in Kathmandu at 3-star category hotel with breakfast in twin sharing basis
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing (Private vehicle and guide)
- Transportation (Kathmandu- Syabrubesi and Syabrubesi-Kathmandu) by local bus
- Langtang National Park Entrance fees and TIMS Cards
- Food (Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners (Full board during the trekking)
- 7 nights teahouse accommodation during the trekking
- An experienced English-speaking guide and his all expenses including insurance
- Porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers) and their all expenses including insurance
- Trekking route map
- Sleeping bags and down jackets
- First aid box
- All the government taxes and service charges
- International airfare
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance
- Entrance fees during Kathmandu valley sightseeing
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses (WIFI, bar bills, hot shower, hot water, electricity for charging gadgets etc.)