Manaslu Circuit Trekking is a trip to the 8th highest mountain n the world. The hidden world and the place widely known as “The Mini Tibet”, Manaslu was closed for the tourist till 1992. Regarded as the best alternative of Annapurna Circuit due to construction of the road, Manaslu Circuit Trekking includes a higher Himalayan pass of Larkye La (5135m.).
The Manaslu Circuit Trekking is trip in the remote Himalayas to explore the true local cultures and the living styles of the mountain people. The best season to trek to Manaslu Circuit are: Spring (March, April, May): The season in which rhododendron blooms with its decent color and beauty and due to which colorful hills are spotted throughout the journey wherever possible. One also gets an opportunity to collect the clear and picturesque view of the amazing Himalayan range including the World’s 8th highest peak (Mount Manaslu 8163 m).
Autumn (September, October, November): The perfect season to trek in which dry air is dispersed all over the nation and due to which the sky seems to be crystal clear. The trekking trails are also neither too wet nor too slippery. One can enjoy the breathtaking transparent views of the snow-capped Mount Manaslu with other spectacular mountains around.
If you have more time in Nepal then, Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek– the extended version of Manaslu Circuit Trekking would be the best option.
Manaslu Circuit Trekking Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathamandu (1,334m.)
- Upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport, a Visit Heaven representative will be there for your warm welcome and help you to transfer to your hotel. In the evening, you will be taking welcome dinner Visit Heaven staff at one of the typical Nepali restaurants of Thamel.
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing (1,334m.)
- Take your breakfast and get ready for a guided full day sightseeing of Kathmandu Valley. The sightseeing program is focused on introducing some highlights of UNESCO World Heritage sites of Kathmandu such as Kathmandu Durbar square, Swoyambhunath ,also known as “Monkey Temple”, Pashupatinath –temple of Lord Shiva and Bouddhanath; a Buddhist place.
Day 03: Drive to Arughat (570m.)
- After early breakfast, we take catch our bus to Arughat and drive via the Prithvi Highway. After eight to nine hours long drive from Kathmandu, we will reach Arughat. Overnight at Arughat.
Day 04: Trek to Soti Khola( 730m.)
- Starting day of the walk. Today after breakfast we start our walk to Soti Khola. We will be following Budhi Gandaki River and will pass beautiful villages of including, Morder and Simre. With five to six hours walk we will today’s overnight place Soti Khola. Overnight in Soti Khola.
Day 05: Soti Khola to Machha Khola (930 m.)
- From Soti Khola the trail slowly descends until we climb again we climb again to mountain ridge to Almara. We then walk through forest to Riden Gaon. The valley here cuts into another side of the river to enter Budhi Gandaki. At Lambesi, the trail follows down to the sandy river bed of Budhi Gandaki. Overnight at Machha Khola.
Day 06: Maccha Khola -Jagat (1410m)
- After early breakfast at Machha Khola, we start our trekking; our trail today ascends and descends as we head towards Jagat. Budhi Gandaki accompanies us whole day. A small Hotspring in Tatopani is one of the highlight of the day. Overnight in Jagat.
Day 07: Machha Khola to Ngyak (2310m)
- After ascending to a terraced hill of Saguleri and view of Sringi Himal (7177 meters) we continue toward Sirish Gaon, Gandaki valley narrows from herewith soaring precipitous walls. Overnight.
Day 08: Ngyak to Ghap (2100m)
- From Ghap our trail follows the trail of Deng Khola-a small village. We walk through newly built rock tunnel from here. Ghap will introduce us the Tibetan culture with Mani stones and Chortens. Overnight at Ghap.
Day 09: Ghap to Lho (3200m)
- After breakfast we resume our trek from Ghap. Today we first past a seasonal village Nambachhe and ascend through dense forest and reach Namrung; a Tibetan base village (2,540m). As we continue our walk to Lho, we pass some wonderful village; one of them is Lho (3,000m) which will be our lunch point and also the view point of Ngadi Chuli. From Sho our trail slowly leads us to Lho; view point of Manaslu and wonderful place for sunset and sunrise view.
Day 10: Lho to Sama Gaon (3500m)
- Setting destination Sama Gaon, we walk Shyla through forest. From Shyla, our trail goes through alpine scenery and eventually leads us past Pung Gyan Gomap and then takes us to Sama Gaon. Overnight at Samagaon.
Day 11: Sama Gaon to Samdo (3850m)
- From Sama Gaon we start our walk to Samdo. We can have incredible mountains views during the walk to Samdo. We will be comparatively on easy trail today. We will be following Budhi Gandaki river to reach Samdo. Overnight in Samdo.
Day 12: Acclimatization and exploration day
- As we gain the altitude; this day is for acclimatization. We will spend a day here in order to acclimatize and adjust to the thinning of the air and also for local excursion. Overnight in Samdo.
Day 13: Samdo to Dharamsala/Larkya Phedi (4460m)
- Today we set off towards Dharmasala. Our trail first descends and cross a wooden bridge of Budhi Gandaki and then it ascends. Before reaching Dharmasala we cross two streams on the way. As it is a short trekking, we will have enough time for rest. Overnight.
Day 14: Cross Larkya La (5160m) and trek to Bimtang (3590m)
- A steep up trail from Dharmasala we get to a valley on the north of Larkya Glaciers which advances to view beautiful Cho Danda and Larkya Peak. Then we cross the Larkya pass which offers fabulous views of Cheo Himal, Kang Guru, Annapurna II and Himlung Himal. From Larkya Pass our trail head towards Bimthang. Overnight in Bimthang.
Day 15: Bimthang to Tilje (2500m)
- Today we will trek to Tilije from Bimthang. Some ups and downs and passing Gho village our trail with five to six walk we finally reach to Tilije. Overnight in Tilije.
Day 16: Tilije to Tal (1700m)
- From Tilije, today we will trek to a beautiful village called Tal which is situated at the foot of the large waterfall. Thonje, Dharapani and Karte are the villages we cross today respectively on the way to Tal. It will take us six hours to reach Tal.
Day 17: Tal – Syange (1080m)
- Final trekking day; we will trek to Syange through Chyamje village and will trek through dense Rhododendron and pine. Overnight in Syange.
Day 18: Syange – Kathmandu
- Final day of Manaslu Trek, today we catch our bus back to Kathmandu and drive back to Kathmandu. Upon your arrival in Kathmandu guide will help you to get your hotel. Evening will for enjoying a farewell dinner with your guides in the celebration of success trek to Manaslu Circuit Trek. Overnight at hotel.
Day 19: Fly back home
- Collecting all wonderful memories in Nepal, today is day to fly back home. A Visit Heaven Trek representative will accompany you to Tribhuvan International Airport. See you soon in Nepal.
- Airport pick up and drop off by a private vehicle
- 3 Nights hotel in Kathmandu at 3-star category hotel with breakfast in twin sharing basis
- Kathmandu Valley sightseeing (Private vehicle and English-speaking guide)
- Kathmandu to Arughat and Syange to Kathmandu transport by a tourist bus
- 2 Nights hotel in Pokhara at 3-star category hotel with breakfast in twin sharing basis
- ACAP (Annapurna Conversation Area Permit) and restricted area permits
- An experienced English-speaking guide and his all expenses including insurance during the trekking
- Porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers and carries 15kgs to 20 kgs) and their all expenses including insurance
- Food (Breakfasts, lunches and Dinners (Full board basis during the trekking with 3 complimentary tea/coffee)
- Teahouse accommodation during the trekking in twin sharing basis
- Trekking route map
- Complimentary sleeping bags and down jackets
- First aid kit
- All the government and company service charges
- International airfare
- Travel Insurance
- Nepal visa fee
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu except complimentary dinners
- Personal expenses (WIFI, bar bills, laundries, electricity charges for the gadgets, hot shower, hot water etc)
- Tipping for guide(s), porter (s), driver(s)
- Anything does not include in the inclusion list.