Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek a remote trekking in Nepal to explore the hidden yet spectacular valley of Manaslu. The new trekking route of Nepal (opened in 2008), Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek is typically a teahouse trekking. Situated in between of Tibet and Nepal, the isolated valley of Tsum is influenced by the Tibetan culture and the lifestyle.
The Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek includes of the magical views of like Ganesh Himal, Sringi Himal and Boudha Himal Ranges as well. The glacial rivers, alpine forests and the historical monasteries and the cave are also the part the trek. Milarepa’s Cave or Namkading Cave is a cave where the Tibetan Buddhist philosopher, and Vajrayana Mahasiddha, Milarepa (c. 1052–c. 1135 CE), spent many years of his life in the eleventh century is one of the important sites of Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek.
The best time to trek to Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek are: – Spring (March, April, May): The season in which rhododendron blooms with its decent color and beauty and due to which colorful hills are spotted throughout the journey wherever possible. One also gets an opportunity to collect the clear and picturesque view of the amazing Himalayan range including the World’s 8th highest peak (Mount Manaslu 8163 m), Mount Ganesh, Mount Shringi and Mount Baudha as well.
Autumn (September, October, November): The perfect season to trek in which dry air is dispersed all over the nation and due to which the sky seems to be crystal clear. The trekking trails are also neither too wet nor too slippery. One can enjoy the breathtaking transparent views of the snowcapped Mount Manaslu, Mount Ganesh, Mount Shringi and Mount Baudha with other spectacular mountains around. (June, July, August) as well.
If you have shorter time but want to trek to Manaslu then Manaslu Circuit Trekking is the best alternate of Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek.
Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek Itinerary
Day 01: Kathmandu-Arughat (8 hrs drive)
Day 02: Aarughat – Sotikhola(5-6 hrs trek)
Day 03: Sotikhola – Machhakhola (4-5 hrs trek)
Day 04: Machhakhola – Thulo Dhungga (4 hrs trek)
Day 05: Thulo Dhungga – Philim (5-6 hrs trek)
Day 06: Philim – Chumling (Tsum valley) (8 hrs trek)
Day 07: Chumling – Chhokang Paro (3031m) (Tsum valley) (6-7 hrs trek)
Day 08: Chhokang Paro – Mu Gompa (3700 m) (Tsum Valley) (6-7 hrs trek)
Day 09: Mu Gompa – Lar (3245) (Tsum valley) (3-4 hrs trek)
Day 10: Lar – Chumling (2386 m) (Tsum valley) (8-9 hrs trek)
Day 11: Chumling – Pewa ( 2000 m) (5-6 hrs trek)
Day 12: Pewa – Ghap (2500m) (5 – 6 hrs trek)
Day 13: Ghap – Lho (3180 m) (5- 6 hrs trek)
Day 14: Lho – Sama (Ryo)(3520m) (3-4 hrs trek)
Day 15: Sama (Ryo) – Samdo (3850m) (3-4 hrs trek)
Day 16: Rest day in Samdo – climb towards Lajyung Pass (5120m) on Tibet border.
Day 17: Samdo – Dharamsala (4460m) (3-4 hrs trek)
Day 18: Dharamsala – Larkya La (5160m) – Bimthang (3720m) (8-9 hrs trek)
Day 19: Bimthang – Dharapani (1860m) (7-8 hrs trek)
Day 20: Dharapani – Chamje (1430m) (4-5 hrs trek)
Day 21: Chamje – Bhulbhule (840m) (3-4 hrs trek)
Day 22: Bhulbule-Kathmandu (8-9 hrs drive)
- Airport pick up and drop off by a private vehicle
- 3 Nights hotel in Kathmandu at 3-star category hotel with breakfast in twin sharing basis
- Kathmandu Valley sightseeing (Private vehicle and English-speaking guide)
- Kathmandu to Sotikhola and Bhulbule to Kathmandu transport by a tourist bus
- 2 Nights hotel in Pokhara at 3-star category hotel with breakfast in twin sharing basis
- ACAP (Annapurna Conversation Area Permit) and restricted area permits
- An experienced English-speaking guide and his all expenses including insurance during the trekking
- Porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers and carries 15kgs to 20 kgs) and their all expenses including insurance
- Food (Breakfasts, lunches and Dinners (Full board basis during the trekking with 3 complimentary tea/coffee)
- Teahouse accommodation during the trekking in twin sharing basis
- Trekking route map
- Complimentary sleeping bags and down jackets
- First aid kit
- All the government and company service charges
- International airfare
- Travel Insurance
- Nepal visa fee
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu except complimentary dinners
- Personal expenses (WIFI, bar bills, laundries, electricity charges for the gadgets, hot shower, hot water etc)
- Tipping for guide(s), porter (s), driver(s)
- Anything does not include in the inclusion list.