Mani Rimdu Festival and Everest Base Camp Trek is 19 days trip in Nepal. The trip first offers to experience Everest Base Camp Trek then to celebrate Mani Rimdu Festival at Tengboche. Mani Rimdu Festival is sacred ceremony, celebrated by the Buddhist communities. Typically, in Nepal Mani Rimdu Festival is celebrated in Tengboche/ Thame and Chiwong monasteries of Solukhumbu Nepal. The 19 days celebration follows six steps in total.
- Construction of Sand Mandala
- Wong (The Empowerment)
- Chham- The Dances
- Jinsak (The Fire Puja)
Our Mani Rimdu Festival 2019 also includes of trekking to Everest Base Camp as well. The trip first goes to Everest Base Camp and then retrace back to Tengboche Monastery to celebrate the festival.
Mani Rimdu Festival 2019 and Everest Base Camp Trek Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
- Upon your arrival at Kathmandu International Airport, one of our representatives will greets you and transfer to the hotel. In the free time, take a good rest.
Day 02: Fly to Lukla (2810m./ 35 minutes flight) and trek to Phakding (2610m./4-5 hours trek).
- With an early morning scenic flight, you will first fly to Lukla– the gateway to Everest. In Lukla, you will meet your rest of the trekking crews (porters) and then the trek will start.
The route to Phakding is easy and combines the uphill and downhill. Phakding is a wonderful settlement in the lap of the hills. The staying in Phakding will be at a local teahouse, which has the good food, warm blankets plus WIFI and electricity to charge the gadgets.
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazar (3440m./6-7 hours trek).
- The route up to Namche Bazar is mostly uphill and follows through Dudh Koshi river via dense forest of rhododendron and pine. On the clear day, after crossing the Hillary bridge you might get the chance to see the first glimpse of Mount Everest.Namche Bazar is also known as the Sherpa Capital and the last place to buy the needed or forgotten stuff for the trekking.
Day 05: Hike to Syanboche (3,780m./ 1 hour hike) and explore Namche Bazar
- After the breakfast, you will then hike to Everest view point, the hike up to Khumjung is mostly uphill. The view of offers the fascinating views of the Himalayas including Mount Everest and even you can see Tengboche Monastery from there.The hiking to Everest view point also important as it will help to next to accommodate with the higher altitude.
Later, you can also visit the Sherpa museum of Namche Bazar.
Day 06: Trek to Tengboche (3,860m./4-5 hours trek)
- The route to Tengboche from Namche is mostly flat and easy. Just before Tengboche, there is an uphill which takes about an hour to complete but it is fun hiking up through the jungle with mountain views.
In Tengboche, you can visit the biggest Buddhist monastery of the Everest region. While collecting the stunning sunset in the Himalayas is the best part of the day. And Tengboche is on of the best places in Everest to see Mount Everest as well.
Day 07: Trek to Dingboche (4,410m./4-5 hours trek)
- Wake up early morning, grab a cup of hot tea/coffee and go to see the sunrise in Mount Everest. The sunrise from Tengboche in the Himalayas is most noteworthy thing. Then after trek to Dingboche. The route to Dingboche is mostly uphill.
Today the spotting of wildlife, including Himalayan musk deer and even snow leopard is expected so keep your eyes bright.
Day 08: Hike to Nagarjun Hill (5,083m./ 2 hours hike) and then rest at Dingboche
- After the breakfast, hike up to Nagarjun Hills. The view point offers the stunning views of Mount Ama Dablam, Island Peak and Makalu. Dingboche valley looks stunning from the top. The hiking up to Nagarjun is always important as it will be very helpful for the next day.
After the lunch, you will be taking the rest at the teahouse.
Day 09: Trek to Lobuche (4,910m./3-4 hours trek)
The route from Dingboche to Lobuche is mostly uphill and the steep uphill of Dughla is challenging portion of the trek. Although the hardest uphill of Dughla rewards with stunning views at the top. You may find the weather at Thukla top bit chilling and too much windy too. The memories of the people who has lost their life during Everest climbing and trekking are things to see at Thukla top.
Day 10: Trek to Everest Base Camp (5,364m.) via Gorakshep and retrace back to Gorakshep. (5,140m./7/8 hours trek)
- The day to get to the dream. From Lobuche, we will first trek to Gorakshep, the lunch place plus the place where will stay at the night. You will leave your stuff at Gorakshep, then trek to Everest Base Camp. The route from Gorakshep to Everest Base Camp is of about two hours walking.
At base camp, you will be spending around an hour to enjoy the moments and to catch the memory with your lens.
Then retrace back to Gorakshep for the night stay. In the evening, if you feel okay then hike to Kalapatthar for the sunset, if not just take a good rest at the teahouse.
Day 11: Hike up to Kalapatthar (5,545m./1-hour hike) for the sunrise and trek back to Pheriche (4240m./4-5 hours trek)
- Wake up early morning at hike to Kalapathar before the first ray of sun hits Mount Everest. The hike up to the Kalapatthar peak is steep uphill but the sunrise view at Mount Everest will be the best sunrise you ever witness in your lifetime.
After the sunrise retrace back to Gorakshep to collect your stuff, then you will retrace back to Pheriche.
Day 12-Day 14: Trek to Tengboche (3 hours trek) then celebrate the Mani Rimdu Festival at Tengboche Monastery.
- Retrace back to Tengboche and then celebrate the Mani Rimdu Festival at Tengboche Monastery.
Day 15: Trek back to Namche Bazar (3440m./4-5 hours trek)
- Follow the same way back to Namche Bazar. The route to Namche Bazar is mostly downhill.
Day 16: Trek back to Phakding (2,610m./4-5 hours trek)
- Downhill, all the way, enjoy a relatively easy trekking back to Phakding.
Day 17: Trek back to Lukla (2,840m./3-4 hours trek).
- Final day of the trekking, retrace back to Lukla. In the evening, enjoy a dinner with the porters at Lukla and say good bye the porters.
Day 18: Fly back to Kathmandu (35 minutes) and last-minute shopping.
With an early morning flight, get back to Kathmandu. Later do some last shopping.
Day 19: Departure
- You will be transferred to Kathmandu airport to catch the returning flight.
- Airport pick up and drop off by a private vehicle
- 2 Nights hotel in Kathmandu at 3-star category hotel with breakfast in twin sharing basis
- Flight (Kathmandu-Lukla and Lukla-Kathmandu)
- Sagarmatha National Park fee and Pasang Lhamu Village entrance fees.
- An experienced English-speaking guide and his all expenses including his insurance
- Porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers) including their all expenses including their insurance
- Food in full board during the trekking with 3 compliment teas and teahouse accommodation
- Complimentary sleeping bags and down jackets
- Trekking route map
- First aid kit
- All the governmental taxes and service charges
- International airfare
- Travel insurance
- Nepal visa fees
- Personal expenses (Wifi, bar bills, laundries, hot shower during the trekking, gadget charging fees- US$ 1- US$
- 5 per gadget, mobile recharge etc)
- Extra nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu in case of early arrival from the trek due to unforeseen circumstances
- Extra luggage charges (Only 15 kgs- 10kgs+5kgs are included if more you need to pay US$ 2 per kilogram)
- Emergency evacuation (our company will help to arrange the evacuation if needed)
- Anything does not mention in the inclusion list