Pisang peak climbing is one the popular trekking peaks in Nepal which lies infamous Annapurna Trekking Region. An easy climbing peak is a combination of peak climbing in Himalayas of Nepal and a trek to Annapurna Area. Pisang peak is situated just north of the Manag Valley from where the Annapurna Circuit passes through.
Pisang peak (6,091 m) was first summited by a German expedition in 1955.This is not only a peak climbing itself, Pisang peak climbing provides on the variety of ethnic Nepali cultures and the magnificent views of snowy mountains including Annapurna II and IV, Tilicho Peak, Gangapurna and the Glacier Dome. The route of Pisang Peak Climbing also includes the cross of challenging Thorong La Pass (5,416m.); the highest pass of the world. Naturally, there are superb views to be seen from the summit of the Manang and the Annapurna Range.
Muktinath; a pilgrimage site held in great respect by both Hindus and Buddhists, Kagbeni; a gateway to Upper Mustang, Jomsom; capital of Mustang and Pokhara; “The city of Lakes” are other highlights of Pisang peak climbing.
The best seasons for Pisang Peak are Spring(March, April, May): The season in which rhododendron blooms with its decent color and beauty and due to which colorful hills are spotted throughout the lower altitudes. One also gets an opportunity to collect the clear and picturesque view of the Annapurna Himalayan Range including Pisang Peak.
Autumn(September, October, November): The perfect season to trek/ climb in which dry air is dispersed all over the nation and due to which the sky seems to be crystal clear. The trekking trails are also neither too wet nor too slippery. One can enjoy the breathtaking transparent views of the Annapurna Himalayan Range including Pisang Peak.
Pisang Peak Climbing Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (1334m.)
- Upon arriving in Kathmandu (Tribhuvan International Airport), a Visit Heaven Trek representative will meet you and help you transfer to your hotel by private bus. Enjoy a free evening to explore Kathmandu and recover from your jet-lag. Meet the Visit Heaven staff during a short pre-tour briefing before welcome dinner with Visit Heaven Trek team.
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing (1334m.)
- A half-day guided tour around Kathmandu city’s historical and cultural landmarks. Visit Boudhanath Stupa and Pashupatinath Temple, the most important sites of Buddhism and Hinduism in Nepal. Catch the playful antics of the monkeys and beautiful city views at Swayambunath temple. Get lost in Kathmandu’s old city bazaars, public squares, and former royal palaces at Durbar Square.
Day 03: Kathmandu to Beshisahar( 850m.)
- After breakfast, we take the early to drive from Kathmandu to Beshisahar. It will take eight hours approx. to reach Beshisahar. Overnight in Besisahar.
Day 04: Besisahar to Bahundanda (1,310m. /5-6 hours)
- Starting day for trekking, after breakfast we start our walk from Beshishar with wonderful views of Hiuchhuli and Ngadi Chuli. We cross some local wooden & bamboo bridges before reaching Bhulbule. From Bhulbule our trail head towards Ngadi Village where we will take our lunch. After then we continue our walk to Bahundanda; a beautiful village on the top of the hill. Overnight at Bahundanda.
Day 05: Bahundanda to Chyamje (1,410 m/7 hours)
- The route runs high above the river on an exposed trail while crossing through Lili Bhir. It passes several small streams and climbs over a ridge. As we step forward to the destination, we come across some pleasant villages of Kanigaon and Ghermu Phant. On the way, we will be offered by a nice stone village called Jagat, a long waterfall just opposite.
Day 06: Chamje to Dharapani (1950m/5-6 hours)
- From Chamje a short walk brings to a suspension bridge over the raging Marshyangdi river, after crossing the bridge it’s another steep climb for another 2-3 hour till Tal, the village is situated on the gorge valley by the side of the river Marshyangdi and decorated with beautiful waterfall & sandy spread river. Then our trail follows the upstream up to the Dharapani, which is through the rocky trails and crossing few suspension bridges and small teashops we reach Dharapani. Overnight in Dharapani.
Day 07: Dharapani to Chame (2,630m. /5-6 hours)
- Setting destination Chame-district to headquarter of Manag district. On today’s trekking we first pass Bagarachap; a village with typical Tibetan architecture then we slowly walk to Danaque. Further, we pass two beautiful villages Latamanag and Koto before reaching Chame. From Chame, we can have a picturesque view of majestic Annapurna II and Lamjung Himal. Overnight at Chame.
Day 08: Chame to Upper Pisang (3,700m./5-6 hours)
- Today from Chame, we will be trekking to Pisang Village. On the way to Chame, we first pass Bhartang, village of apple garden. Then we take the gradual path up to a bridge and we reach Dhukure Pokhari; our lunch place. Walking with tree line, a fascinating view of Pisang peak on the north and Chulu peak along with beautiful Pisang village. From this top, a gentle descent trail takes us to Upper Pisang. Overnight at Upper Pisang.
Day 09: Acclimatization Day
- As the altitude rise up this day is for rest. On this day, we take to walk around Pisang and explore the stunning surroundings with magnificent views of all the Annapurna, Gangapurna and Tilicho. Overnight.
Day 10: Upper Pisang to Pisang Peak Base Camp (4,380 m. /3-4 hours)
- Day to trek Pisang Peak Base Camp from Upper Pisang. An ascent trail takes to Kharka (4,380m.) and then to Pisang Peak Base Camp. Overnight at a tent.
Day 11: Pisang Peak Base Camp to High Camp (5,400m. / 3-4 hours)
- From Base Camp today we will trek to High Camp (5,400m.) through the south west ridge. After reaching High Camp we will set our camp. In High Camp, there will be snow from the end of November to the end of March. Overnight at tented camp.
Day 12: Summit Pisang Peak and trek back to Base Camp (6,091m. /7-9 hours)
- Day when our dream comes true. From High Camp taking quite technical and steep way we will put our feet on the top of Pisang Peak. After spending some time on the top we descend down and will get to Basecamp. Overnight.
Day 13: Base Camp to Manag Valley (3,450m. /5-6 hours)
- After breakfast, we set off to Manang Valley; a valley which has rich customs & tradition. With five to six hours walk we reach Manang. Overnight in Manang.
Day 14: Manang to Yak Kharka (4,110m. / 3-4 hours)
- After a wonderful time at Manang, the trail leads to a slow climb up for an hour to the Tenki Manang for enclosing view of the Annapurna, Gangapurna and Tilicho peak. The track gently winds up offering inspiring views and through terrains with juniper bushes as the only surviving vegetation around this region and will brings you at Yak-Kharka for the overnight.
Day 15: Yak Kharka to Throng Pedi (4,400m. / 3-4 hours)
- After breakfast, today we will be walking to Throng Phedi, which is a beautiful settlement at the foot of Thorong La. Overnight at Phedi.
Day 16: Phedi to the Thorung-La Pass and to Muktinath (Up to 5416 m. /8½ hours)
- We will have to set off early in the morning to reach the Pass around mid-day. The trail becomes instantly steep after leaving Phedi but not hard to follow. 4-6 hours of ascending up a lead to the apex of the Pass, which is decorated with prayer flags, a chorten, and stone cairns built by travellers.
The views of the Annapurna Himal from the pass are well worth the climb. Further, the trail descends steeply before reaching Chabarbu. From there we cross meadows, drops into a deep gorge, climbs out again and follow a wide trail to Muktinath, a pilgrimage site held in great respect by both Hindus and Buddhists. Overnight at Muktinath.
Day 17: Muktinath to Kagbeni (3550 m. /3½ hours)
- After a hard previous day, a late morning start is in order for tired trekkers. For the religiously and culturally inclined, a visit to the highly revered and venerated Muktinath temple complex is rewarding. Refreshed, purified, and blessed, you descend out of Ranipauwa to Jharkot through farmlands and clusters of poplar trees. Beyond Jharkot, the trail descends gradually to Khingar.
- Further, we get your first glimpse of the Kali Gandaki River as it is met by the Jhong Khola. As we continue the left-hand trail leads to Eklaibhatti and one on the right leads to your destination of Kagbeni. Overnight at Kagbeni.
Day 18: Kagbeni to Jomsom (2,800m. /3-4 hours)
- We will trek from Kagbeni to Jomsom, headquarter of Mustang which is an inhabitant of Thakali people with their rich culture and tradition. Overnight at Jomsom.
Day 19: Fly to Pokhara (820m. / 25 minutes)
- Taking early flight we will fly to Pokhara. We will have a chance to fly from the deepest gorge of the world between mountain range of Mt. Annapurna and Mt. Dhaulagiri. After reaching Pokhara you can enjoy your free time by exploring around. Overnight.
Day 20: Drive back to Kathmandu (1,334m. / 6 hours)
- Day to say goodbye Pokhara. We take our bus and drive back to Kathmandu. Upon your arrival in Kathmandu, your guide will help you to get to your hotel. The evening will for a farewell dinner with Visit Heaven Team.
Day 21: Fly back home
- Collecting all wonderful memories in Nepal, today is the day to fly back home. A Visit Heaven Trek representative will accompany you to Tribhuvan International Airport. See you soon in Nepal.