Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking, a newly open trekking in Nepal. Located the laps of Langtang and Ganesh Himal range, this trek offers a unique experience of the local life and the fabulous views of the mountains. Tamang are the Tibetan Ethnic group of Nepalese with their unique culture and lifestyle.
Part of Langtang Valley Trekking, Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking, mostly focuses to explore the wholeness of the Tamang people (The lifestyle, the foods, the way they do the farming, the festivals they celebrate, the unique customs they use) and more. And the rewarding views of the Langtang Lirung (7,245m), Dorje Lakpa (6,989m.), Ganesh Himal, Paldor Peak, Shringi Himal, Jugal Himal, Manaslu and Sanjen Himal ranges and Chumse Danda (5,122m.) is the bonus of Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking.
The best seasons for Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking are: Spring (March, April, May): The season in which rhododendron sweeps the ascending altitudes with its magnanimous color and beauty and due to which colorful hills are spotted throughout the journey wherever possible. Away from the cultural tour, one also gets the chance to collect the panoramic view of the Langtang Himalayas.
Autumn (September, October, November): The perfect season to trek in which the dry air sweeps the nation and due to which the sky seems to be crystal clear. The trekking trails are also neither too wet nor too slippery. One can enjoy the panoramic views of the snowcapped Himalayas with a perfect cultural tour.
Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (1,334m.)
- Upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu, a Visit Heaven Trek representative will be there for your warm welcome and help you to get to your hotel. The evening will be for a welcome dinner with Visit Heaven staff in one of the typical Nepali restaurants. Overnight in hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing (1,334m.)
- Take your breakfast and get ready for a guided full day sightseeing of Kathmandu Valley. The sightseeing program is focused on introducing some highlights of UNESCO World Heritage sites of Kathmandu such as Kathmandu Durbar square, Swoyambhunath ,also known as “Monkey Temple”, Pashupatinath –temple of Lord Shiva and Bouddhanath; a Buddhist place. After sightseeing evening will be for trek briefing and preparation of things per need.
Day 03: Syabrubesi. (1420m.)
- Today we start our trekking, after breakfast we drive north-west out of the Kathmandu Valley, with following the Trisuli River crossing beautiful Tamang villages of Betrawati and Dhunche. At Dhunche, we sight the first view of Langtang Himal. After 9 hours approx. drive you finally reach Syabrubesi.
Day 04: Syabrubesi to Gatlang (2,200m. / 5 hours)
- After early breakfast, we first ascent to Goljang village. The magnificent views of Ganesh Himal and Gosaikunda ranges will accompany us on our walk to Goljang. After having lunch at Goljang, we will head towards Gatlang; a beautiful small village on the hillside with traditional stone houses. Enjoy the local hospitality and stay overnight at Gatlang.
Day 05: Gatlang to Tatopani (2,607m. / 6-7 hours)
- This will be the longest walking day. We first descend to Thangbauchet; the Chilme Hydropower’s Dam place. Then our trail ascents up and takes us to Tatopani; the Natural Hot Spring place where we can take the bath. The Literal meaning of Tatopani “Hot Water”. Stay overnight at Tatopani.
Day 06: Tatopani to Thuman (2,400m. / 6hours)
- Day to trek a beautiful Tibetan influenced Tamang settlement-Thuman. To reach Thuman we will cross Brimdang and Nagthali. On the way to Thuman, we can enjoy the picturesque views of Langtang, Sanjen, Kerung and Ganesh Himal ranges. After reaching we can explore around Thuman village and observe their typical Tamang traditions and cultures. Overnight.
Day 07: Thuman to Briddim (2,345m. /6 hours)
- Leave Thuman and head towards Briddim. Briddim is a Tibetan Buddhist village situated on the lap of Langtang Himal. Dukchu Gompa Monastery and houses made of stone are the things to see in beautiful Briddim Village. Stay overnight at Briddim.
Day 08: Briddim to Syabrubesi (1,420m. / 6hours)
- From Briddim today we trek downhill to Syabrubesi through lush vegetation and green forest. Overnight at Syabrubesi.
Day 9 Drive back Kathmandu (1,334m. / 8 hours)
- Final day of Tamang Heritage trek, after breakfast we drive back to Kathmandu from Syabrubesi. Upon your arrival in Kathmandu, we will transfer you to your hotel. In leisure time, you can-do last-minute shopping in Thamel or can explore any sights that you missed the first day. The evening will be for a farewell dinner.
Day 10: Fly back home
- Collecting all sweet memories in Nepal Today are our departure day. A Visit Heaven representative will accompany you to Tribhuvan International Airport. See you again in the Himalayan Kingdom. Namaste!!
- Airport pick up and drop off by a private vehicle
- 3 nights hotel in Kathmandu at 3-star category hotel with breakfast in twin sharing basis
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing (Private vehicle and guide)
- Transportation (Kathmandu- Syabrubesi and Syabrubesi-Kathmandu) by local bus
- Langtang National Park Entrance fees and TIMS Cards
- Food (Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners (Full board during the trekking)
- Teahouse accommodation during the trekking
- An experienced English-speaking guide and his all expenses including insurance
- Porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers) and their all expenses including insurance
- Trekking route map
- Sleeping bags and down jackets
- First aid box
- All the government taxes and service charges
- International airfare
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance
- Entrance fees during Kathmandu valley sightseeing
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses (WIFI, bar bills, hot shower, hot water, electricity for charging gadgets etc.)