Yala Peak Climbing is considered as one of Nepal’s easier peak climbing and also a fantastic beginner’s mountaineering trip. This beautiful peak affords surprising views of Shishapang 8012 meters. Yala peak is a part of the Langtang Himal which lies just to the north of Kathmandu in the Langtang region. The base camp of Yala Peak is near to Kyangjin Gompa and the climb is steady allowing plenty of time for the novice to intermediate mountaineer to get acclimatised. The amazing Yala Peak Climbing kicks off in Dunche and passes through the beautiful Langtang Valley with its rich culture and Tamang Villages.
Best Seasons for climbing Yala Peak:
As Trekking/ Climbing is a seasonal adventure activity, we’ve two best seasons for this climbing and they are as follows:
Spring(March, April, May): The season in which rhododendron blooms with its decent color and beauty and due to which colorful hills are spotted throughout the lower altitudes. One also gets an opportunity to collect the clear and picturesque view of the Nepal Himalayas including Yala Peak.
Autumn(September, October, November): The perfect season to trek/ climb in which dry air is dispersed all over the nation and due to which the sky seems to be crystal clear. The trekking trails are also neither too wet nor too slippery. One can enjoy the breathtaking transparent views of the Nepal Himalayas including Yala Peak.
Yala Peak Climbing Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1334 m)
- Upon your arrival to Nepal, a Visit Heaven Trek representative will meet you and transfer you to the hotel. Take your time to rest and relax after your flight. You will meet your team leader and get a general briefing about the trip to come.
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing(1335m)
- Today we will take you sightseeing around some of the best sights in the Kathmandu Valley. Our local guide will show you around Pashupatinath Temple, one of the most famous Shiva Temples in the area, Swayambuntath which is better known as The Monkey Temple and both Kathmandu and Patan Durbar Squares, the ancient places where the kings of the valley used to live. Your guide will be able to tell you about the history and culture surround these places.You will also have time for last minute shopping and packing for your expedition. Your team leader will be around in the evening to double check your kit and make sure everything is in order.
Day 03: Drive to Syabru Bensi(1420m)
- Leaving the hotel early, we have 11 hour drive out of the valley and along the Trishuli road to Syabru Bensi. We will stop in Trishuli Bazaar on the way to pick up last minute trekking snacks and anything you may have forgotten. We will stay overnight in a guest house.
Day 04: Syabru Bensi to Lama Hotel(2470 m)
- Early morning we will distribute our loads amongst the porters and set off, crossing the suspension bridge and into a forest where common Langur monkeys frolic in the lush vegetation. After passing the village of Doban, the trail climbs steeply over a rocky ridge where you can stop to catch your breath before again climbing upwards though a bamboo jungle. Yet more climbing brings us to Lama Hotel, our overnight place. We will stay in a friendly comfortable Tea House and enjoy the local hospitality.
Day 05: Lama Hotel to Langtang Village( 3430 m)
- From Lama Hotel the trail climbs through a forest of Hemlock, Oaks, Maples and Rhododendron. Along the way you are treated to dappled glimpses of Langtang Lirung. After passing through Gumanchok village, make a longish climb to Ghora Tabela and finally to Langtang village the Head Quarters of Langtang National Park.
Day 06 :Langtang Village to Kyangching Gompa (3730 m)
- From Langtang Valley the trail climbs gradually to Sindum and to Yamphu (3740 meters). You have to cross the Laja Khola (river) on its path down towards the valley and then climb up onto the moraine. From up on the moraine you can again see the Gompa, your destination for the night. Spend some time viewing ice fall that emerges dramatically from Langtang Lirugri and Mount Kinshung. Make the final descent to the Kanjin Gompa at your leisure.
Day 07:Excursion to Tserko Ri (5033 m)
- An acclimatisation day with a trek to the top of Tserko Ri at 5033 meters. The views from the top are very impressive and well worth the long climb. Return back to Kyangching Gompa for the night.
Day 08: Trek to Yala Peak Base Camp (4800 m)
- Climbing upwards from Kyangching Gompa, the trail extends through some garaging pasture and out into the high altitude lands. As we reach the Yala Peak Base Camp, the trail slackens somewhat. This will be our base for the summit attempts over the next two to three days.
Day 09: Yala Peak summit and return to Base Camp(5500 m)
- The climb to the summit is relatively easy compared to other peaks. The last 400 meters or so is on ice so you will need to u se some technical skills, ice picks and crampons.
Day 10: Reserve day for bad weather
- One extra day is scheduled into our itinerary in case our summit attempt gets disrupted by bad weather.
Day 11: Yala Base Camp to Ghora Tabela(3050 m)
- After our successful summit of Yala Peak, we leave the base camp and drop down to the more fertile and inhabited lands above Langtang Valley. The trek is long but steady as we head to Ghora Tabela.
Day 12: Ghora Tabela to Thulo Syabru(2200 m)
- Another day of descending we pass through Tamang villages and lush farming lands. We get glimpses of the mountains throughout the day. A pleasant day trek leads us to Syabru.
Day 13: Thulo Syabru to Dhunche(1950 m)
- For the most part, today’s trek is downhill and leaves the mountain behind us as we head back down to the road head at Dhunche. We will stay overnight in Dhunche, our last night in the Langtang Region.
Day 14: Dhunche drive back to Kathmandu by bus
- About six to seven hours of driving along the Trishuli Road brings us back to Kathmandu. Get a good look at the Langtang range from the crest at Kakani before reentering the Kathmandu Valley. Back in Town we check into a hotel and have a celebration dinner with the trekking team from Visit Heaven Trek.
Day 15: Free day in Kathmandu
- Take a free day in Kathmandu to rest and relax of for last minute shopping for gifts to home to your friends and family.
Day 16: Depart from Kathmandu
- We will transfer you to the airport for your return flight home.
- Kathmandu sightseeing including Swayambhunath temple , Patan Durbar square and Buddhanath stupa
- English speaking fully qualified Guide
- Porters to carry your main bag(s)
- Food (Breakfast, Lunch & dinner)
- Permits to enter national parks
- Transport to and from airport
- All Accommodation during the trek
- 3-night 3 star accommodation Kathmandu
- Nepal Visa
- Travel insurance
- Lunch and Dinner
- Personal beverages and laundries
- Tipping for Guide and Porter
- Anything not mention above.